Saturday, April 18, 2009

Punk Bracelets

I have been inspired by Jen Kao's jewelry and wanted to do something similar. The photo is courtesy os http://www.forwardforward.com/.

What you need is leather, chain, zipper and glue. From there you can add on if you want to. In addition to the basics, I used eyelets on the leather and threaded leather lacing through some of the chains.








I kinda like how mine turned out, It is not an everyday item but is a fun punky one that I will wear from time to time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! That's what I call a bracelet with attitude. Looks great.
I'm also digging your nail polish. What color/brand is it?

Marita said...

Great bracelet:-)

Adriana B. said...

Benes, thank you! The nail polish is Essie #610 "Island Hopping"

Tany said...

Fabulous and stylish! I'm glad to see this style is fashionable again!

I made some similar jewelry when I was in highschool; back then my mother used to work at a shoe factory and she'd bring home lots of leather scraps; plus she had a grommet setting tool that I could use to make my own punk inspired jewelry (now it's mine, she gave it to me last year)!

Christina said...

Too cool!! I want to run home and try this. These would be great gifts for friends, too.

Arlini Santorini said...

hi there Princess, I'm princess Arlini and i'll be adding you to my princess list aka blog list. Thanks.

http://www.iamarlini.blogspot.com