I posted earlier about three dresses I made by reconstructing three of my own sweaters.
Recently, I took it a bit further: cut up two off-the shoulders sweaters and made a top and a skinny pant (leggings) for DD.
On making the top:
The sketch below should help better than me trying to verbalize the process.
In addition to what you see on the sketch:
· I used the neckline ribbing and reattached it to the new neckline, which resulted in something similar to a mock turtleneck.
· In the back I cut a slit, bound it and make a closure.
On making the bottom:
As you can see from the sketch below, I used the sleeves to make the pant sleeves. Next, I cut out inserts for the back and the front.
The sketch below illustrates the construction ides.
Lastly, I turned down the waist edge to make a casing for elastic.
That is all. Hope someone will find it useful. It was fun making this set, especially the pant!