Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Playsuit - Jumpsuit!





I have been craving a jumpsuit for a while now. The ones below are by Paul and Joe (photos from net-a-porter.com) and represent only a fraction of ehat is out there in the stores.

Pattern: Selfdrafted. Took me 3 muslins but was worth it! BTW, it is not hard to do. All it is is a top and a pant pattern glued together. Well, it is not quite that simple but is not rocket science either!

Fabric: Lightweight bright blue denim.

Details: Inseam pockets; pleated band; cuffed pants; invisible zipper in side seam; elastic band in back pand; elastic at waist (you cannot see this in the photos, it is under the belt).

Construction: It was very easy to make!
The leather elastic belt and the necklace are also designed and made by me.

I LOVE it!
In fact, I love it so much that am thinking on making another one and trying to sell it on Etsy. Well, this is just a plan, but I love my pair!




14 comments:

Cennetta said...

Great job on drafting your jumpsuit! Fit and style: perfect!

Erica Bunker said...

Great jumpsuit! It looks fabulous!

Ann Made Studio said...

Wonderful drafting :)
It looks great!

Jenny said...

Very cute and stylish, as always!

Dei said...

I marvel at your pattern drafting skills. That jumpsuit is hot!

Lisa said...

Wow, I am amazed that you do so much without a pattern!

Nice jumpsuit.

Marita said...

!!!WOW!!! again, LOL!!!!!!

cidell said...

Yep. Jumpsuits are absolutely growing on me! I actually like the ones that BWOF issued last month too. Yours is adorable and I'm sure it will do well on Etsy!

gwensews said...

Looks terrific on you!

Sismada said...

Hi, is very nice Jumpsuit!
Great work!

Christina said...

You totally rock this look. I still can't believe someone as stylish as you lives in Colorado Springs :) Good luck on Etsy (not that you'll need it).

The Feed Dog.com said...

Great job! I love your blog, very fashionable!

Nancy

Susan said...

That came out great!

Tany said...

What a terrific garment! I Love it so much that I'm planning of making one myself! I have this silk-like poly and I also found a pattern in a brazilian pattern magazine that I think I can work with! You are such an inspiration!