As part of my fall capsule for her, I made 3 dresses.
1. Diamonds and Squares dress.
This dress was made using a Burda WOF pattern, but unfortunately, I don't remember which one. I used a poly knit and played with the pattern: the placket features squares and the rest of the dress diamonds. The dress is underlined with a lightweight cotton knit, and the neckline is bound with lightweight brown corduroy cut on the bias. There is a CB button closure.
The other 2 dresses I had made before (2 years ago) in a smaller size. They turned out to be such huge hits with DD that I remade them in her current size this summer. Since they have been previously reviewed in detail, I will provide only brief descriptions below.
2. Village Frock
The pattern was purchased from the ladies behind http://sugarcityjournal.blogspot.com/
For previos version and construction details, pls click here: http://theprincessseam.blogspot.com/2008/10/village-frock.html
3. Striped Dress with Leggings
Previous version and construction details, pls click here: http://theprincessseam.blogspot.com/2008/10/striped-dress.html
This dress is self-drafted, and made from a reversible (two-faced) interlock. I utilized both sides. The bodice is lined with something similar to swimsuit lining.