Monday, November 8, 2010

Dresses, Dresses, And More Dresses

DD loves dresses. If she had it her way, she would wear dresses only, preferably princess ones...

As part of my fall capsule for her, I made 3 dresses.


1. Diamonds and Squares dress.

This dress was made using a Burda WOF pattern, but unfortunately, I don't remember which one. I used a poly knit and played with the pattern: the placket features squares and the rest of the dress diamonds. The dress is underlined with a lightweight cotton knit, and the neckline is bound with lightweight brown corduroy cut on the bias. There is a CB button closure.



The other 2 dresses I had made before (2 years ago) in a smaller size. They turned out to be such huge hits with DD that I remade them in her current size this summer. Since they have been previously reviewed in detail, I will provide only brief descriptions below.

2. Village Frock

The pattern was purchased from the ladies behind http://sugarcityjournal.blogspot.com/

For previos version and construction details, pls click here: http://theprincessseam.blogspot.com/2008/10/village-frock.html


3. Striped Dress with Leggings

Previous version and construction details, pls click here: http://theprincessseam.blogspot.com/2008/10/striped-dress.html
This dress is self-drafted, and made from a reversible (two-faced) interlock. I utilized both sides. The bodice is lined with something similar to swimsuit lining.


4 comments:

Vanessa said...

They are all cute, but my favorite is the diamonds and squares dress! Your daughter looks adorable in all of them!

Meg said...

My favorite is the blue, but I love them all! Especially the model.

Dei said...

These are all so adorable. How you find time to sew with a new baby, I don' know.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

The matching striped leggings are so cute!