Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Shoe Habits

A girl has to feed her show habit (sometimes only visually unfortunately). Besides, shoes are my chocolate!

There are quite a few shoe trends right now, but I like the overall "dangerously sexy woman" feeling/undertone that the SS'09 shoe collections have.

Here are some of my favourites. The prices range from $150 to $1500 (the ISL beauties).

Flats:

by G. Zanotti, Prada, and Ash:


I don't wear flats much, yet, I am dying for the Ash studded number!
I read today that Carine Roitfeld (the editor of the French Vogue) had taught her daughter (Julia Restoin-Roitfeld) to always wear heels and frowned upon Julia's showing up in flats. I am not so extreme about heels, yet I do prefer them. I quess at 5'3" i have to!
So, check out these heels:
by Stella McCartney, G. Zanotti, Margiela, Blahnik, Ash, and Ash again:


I think the Margiela open-toe bootie (the 3rd) is SO gorgeous and likely easy to walk in actually!
The red high-heel sneaker also come in a canvas color and I am so tempted... I don't wear sneaker but if I have a high-heels one, who knows!

by Dior, Chloe, Linea Paolo, and Ash:


I am not very fond of the shape of the Dior shoe, but the graphic on it is a killer.
As far as the last one by Ash, I wish they had made the shaft an inch shorter. For me, at least, that 1" less would hava made the shoes more wearable.
And the best for last...

Now, if you really care for me, get me one of these:

by ISL, Ann Demeulemeester, and Ash...

I may never have the opportunity to wear the ISL caged booties in Colorado Springs but they are so beautiful, so architectural, that will be exhibitted in my house as a piece of art. They ARE a piece of art...
BTW, Ash ( believe Italian) is a brand that comes at $150-$300 pricepoint but looks so much more expensive. In the winter I bought a pair of gray suede booties by Ash from shopbop.com, have worn them a lot, and every time I wear them I would be complimented 3-5 times during the day. That is the only pair of shoes I own that has demaned such continuous positive attention. Nordstrom and shopbop.com carry Ash. Perhaps others do too.

Do you like any of these?

7 comments:

Christina said...

Yes! I like pretty much all of those. I wear flats most days now, and heels only in the evening when I don't have much walking to do. It's a pity, but my feet just can't handle it anymore..

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

I have trained myself not to get excited about heels because I just can't wear them (bad ankles + walk 3+ miles/day=comfy shoes only), but those are great eye candy!

Meg said...

There is some new commercial for yogurt, maybe, that Kyra Sedgwick stars in (she's prancing around her kitchen with boundless energy) and she wears those Manolos. I want them! They look great on.

JoanneM said...

The open toe bootie is lovely. The "red converse with a heel" look is....not so cute. I love flats-expensive ones-Lanvin,Mui Mui, Chanel,some Ferragamo's.....wish I could wear a heel,wish I had a life that demanded a heel! Also love the studded flats-those are leather therapy! Yes-shoes are chocolate........

Leslie said...

Shoes are probably my second love. Okay maybe third, I must reluctantly put my husband on that list. LOL. I love the Ash and Stella pairs, the givenchys are amazing, and even the lineas are nice. However I cannot wrap my head around high heeled sneakers, sorry.

Marita said...

Lot's of nice one's but my fave's are the Stella's and Linea Paolo, can't wear heels though, LOL!!!!

Tany said...

So fabulous! I'm deep into cuff boots now and I' desperately trying to find some at affordable prices...