Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No Sewing But a Meme!

I have been tagged by Christina from http://www.assortednotion.blogspot.com/ for a “get to know you ” meme.

So, these are my answers:

What was I doing 10 years ago:
Well, in June 1998 I was in grad school and preparing for some rather excrutiating finals. FUI, in Bulgaria, where I lived and studied, June is a VERY hot month and I had no AC in my apartment…

5 things on my to-do list today:
Cook dinner for my family, parents, and MIL
Go with my daughter to the America The Beautiful Park
Fill gas
Do my mani/pedi
Call Aldo Shoes

Snacks I enjoy:
Hmmnm, cookies, cashew, aussie cakes, feta cheese, milk, Cheetos and way embarrasingly way too many more

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Invest the money wisely
Build a house for my parents and my sister’s family somewhere close to our house so they can move over here
Make sure my parents could retire whenever they decide they want to do so
Buy a second home in Maui or Kauai
Travel a lot
Get Isolaz laser treatment
If I have more kids, hire a Bulgarian-speaking au-pair while they are little
And so much more…

Places I have lived:
Varna, Bulgaria – born there

Dobrich, Bulgaria –childhood through high school
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria – 1st year of college
Sofia, Bulgaria – college and grad. school
Chicago, Illinois – for 3 yearsColorado Springs, Colorado – since August’ 2006

Jobs I have hadChronologically:
Salesperson at small apparel shop
Salesperson at an ice-cream shop
English teacher (English as a second language) for kindergarteners
Waffle maker at a summer resort
Office assistant for a company who dealt in essential oils
Legal advisor for a pharmaceutical company

6 peeps I wanna know more about:
The Sewing Diva Els from http://thesewingdivas.wordpress.com/
Marita from Finland
The lady behind http://couturefrenzy.blogspot.com/
Tany from http://tanysewsandknits.blogspot.com/
Laura from http://laurasewingroom.blogspot.com/
Liana from http://sewintriguing.blogspot.com/
BTW, pls don’t feel obliged to answer, I have simply been intrigued with your sewing and would like to know more about who you are in your non-sewing life :)

5 comments:

Marita said...

Adriana, I was just tagged with these same questions by Paula (Sewconfused) and I tagged you, only I didn't know how to go about this tagging business, so I was just hoping for the best and thought that maybe if you happen to stop by, you'll notice it, LOL:-))

I know, I know I'm still pretty hopeless with the compu stuff, sorry.

You must be so happy to have your parents over, hope you all have great time. Wouldn't it be just too cool if they could move over there too.

I had a co-worker who's half bulgarian, her name is Juliska, at least that's what we called her, she was just awsome, great company, we sometimes send e-mail to each other and I really miss her not being there anymore:-(

Christina said...

I love that you worked as a waffle maker!

Maja said...

Nice to read something more about you.
I knew you were born somewhere in Europe, but I didn't know it was Bulgaria. Hey, we were almost neighbours :-)

ceregana said...

I love Varna it is absolutely beautiful city. I love the sea garden, one of the best parks in my memory. And a nice mixture of quiet and lively.
I still love Sofia but is getting so crowded over the last years...

Tany said...

Ok, I don't know if I ever will get to answer to this meme on my blog so I'll just leave you a few facts right now, LOL!
10 years ago I was working on my current job but taking an university degree on Electronics at the same time (so little time to sew back then, sigh!).
On my to-do-list is buying groceries, cooking dinner, cleaning up my room, doing laundry and finish underlining my current sewing project!
I enjoy cookies and chocolate (ahem)
If I were a billionaire, I'd have my own business (fashion related)
Places I've lived: besides a coulpe of cities in Portugal I've spend 5 months in S. Paulo (Brazil).

Ok, I promise I'll try to answer to this meme at my blog too, whenever my life gets less hectic!!